Pumpkin Pie with Yellow Maca
This pumpkin pie with maca is a delicious autumn side dish to add to your meal.
- 1 pie shell 9 1/2-inch whole wheat or gluten-free baked pie shell (or your favorite raw crust)
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked for a few hours, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla-flavored stevia liquid
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- pinch allspice
- Whipped coconut cream, for topping, optional
- In a small bowl combine the toasted coconut and the crystallized ginger. Set aside.
- Put the cashews, pumpkin puree, coconut butter, water, non-dairy milk, maca, ginger, stevia, and spices in a high-speed blender and process until very smooth.
- Scrape about half of the cashew-pumpkin mixture into the pie crust and smooth.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut/ginger over top and carefully add the remaining cashew-pumpkin mixture over top.
- Spread until even and smooth.
- Chill for several hours or until firm.
- Cut into slices and serve with whipped coconut cream.