Rockin Maca Hummus
Garlic, Chickpea and Maca based hummus is a great dip, spread, or sauce that is protein and nutrient packed.
- Blender or Food processor
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)(15 0z), drained and rinsed or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 4 Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup water (+ 2 tablespoons as needed)
- 1 small garlic clove or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 juice of 1 or 2 lemons, to taste
- 2 tsp maca (Triple, Red, or Black) Incaliving's Maca
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cumin Incaliving's Cumin
- 1 Tbsp roasted pine nuts, optional
- 1/2 himalayan salt, or to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until desired consistency.
- Taste for flavor by adding garlic, lemon, salt, and cumin.
- Depending on the size of your lemons or how many you used, you may like to add the extra 2 tablespoons of water for slightly thinner consistency.
- Serve with toppings of choice or plain.
- Garnishes here are chickpeas, pine nuts, chopped parsley and a dash of smoked paprika.